Community Search
Calendar
Announced But Never Built
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

11/28/2012 at 2:06:34 AM GMT
Announced But Never Built
I think it would be cool to hear about rides that were announced and planned (Not just rumored) that didn't happen and the reason why.

11/28/2012 at 6:29:30 AM GMT
J. - I like the idea, but I am not on the Publications Committee. However. I will bring this up.  I do think it would be easy enough to do for the few recent times this has happened since ACE News has covered these somewhat rare occurrences quite well,  In other words, we should have ample source material.  -- David L. 

12/17/2012 at 5:46:42 PM GMT

It is an interesting idea but backing out on a coaster that was already announced is an extremely rare occurrence. In all the years I've been in ACE, I can only think of three: Hersheypark's Turbulence, SF New England's Dark Knight wild mouse and the Zierer coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I don't even know if the last one was ever announced, it just appeared in the parking lot and on the park map, but was never built. With just those three, and the fact that there are no pictures, there's not really enough material to put together an article.

Thanks for the suggestion and if I am missing other coasters, please let me know. But as of now, I can't see this becoming an article.

Jeffrey Seifert
Managing Editor, RollerCoaster!