7/21/2018
KennyKon

GateKeeper!!!!
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

9/7/2012 at 2:39:13 AM GMT
GateKeeper!!!!

Ok, so since we are a part of ACE, and since I am still new and don't know if this is stupid of me to ask or not, can we get ERT on the GateKeeper at Cedar Point for like an hour please?  How can I be the first one to ride it?  Afterall, I am an American Coaster Enthusiast.  hahaha

I am one of those people who would love to have the opportunity to ride the Millennium Force or the Maverick especially, but even a ride like the Mean Streak for hours at a time.   I wish to be one of those rollercoaster marathoners.  How can I be?! 

But anyway, I am looking forward to this new ride and I cannot wait for it.  I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.

9/11/2012 at 1:38:58 AM GMT
Well first off Welcome to ACE. Cedar Point will answer your wish  next spring. They host an event called Coaster Mania. This event is a thank you to coaster clubs It is free to approved clubs and their members like ACE and is an AWSOME EVENT. They offer discounted admission,lodging and free lunch just for starters Check out their site for more info. Bob M. 

9/14/2012 at 4:01:10 AM GMT
Sam - Welcome to ACE!  I hope you find your experience every bit as fun and enjoyable as my 20 years have been!

In addition to what Bob said, this is NOT a done deal, but ACE's Northern Ohio Regional Rep Team is talking to Cedar Point about a potential regional ACE events in 2013.  

In addition, there is also the possibility that the park may decide to invite ACE members to attend the GateKeeper Media Day.  Some parks invite ACE members to their Media Days, some just invite ACE officials, some do not invite any enthusiasts.  IF ACE is invited, any limitations will be entirely up to the park as it is their Media Day after all.

I hope this all helps!

--David Lipnicky (ACE Public Relations Director, ACE Facebook & Twitter Co-Administrator, my.aceonline.org Co-moderator)

5/8/2013 at 3:36:37 AM GMT
GateKeeper
Being New to ACE, i was wondering it someone could tell me what to expect for Media day.   what are they typically like?   what should i expect?

5/14/2013 at 8:12:15 AM GMT
Elizabeth,  Sorry for the delayed reply, but I was already at Hotel Breakers, which did not have Internet service in the rooms.

Although you have already experienced the GateKeeper media day, I can two things:

1. Every media day is different.

2. This one was - by far - the most extravagant media day if the dozen or so I have attended.

I hope this helps.

-- David L.