7/21/2018
KennyKon

Evolution of a new ride
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/26/2012 at 2:38:36 AM GMT
Evolution of a new ride

Everything involved from planning to the first ride and everything in between. For instance the new X Flight at Six Flgs Great America.

5/30/2012 at 4:58:24 AM GMT
Bob - While this may be a bit of a challenge, it is a cool idea that would be perfect for RollerCoaster!  I hope our RC! staff may be able to do an article along these lines.  Thank you for the suggestion.  -- David L.

8/17/2012 at 9:47:00 PM GMT

Dave now that Cedar Point announced Gatekeeper maybe an artical could be done about it. After all they are ACE members. Member #40 if I recall.

8/21/2012 at 8:07:59 PM GMT

Bob - ACE News will have ample coverage about a major coaster such as GateKeeper, but the development of a major coaster may be soemething RC! may want to tackle.  Do you know how to reach out to our Editors (Mike Thompson/ACE News and Tim Baldwin/RC!)?  -- David L.

8/21/2012 at 8:20:45 PM GMT

Bob - I did send your idea to the ACE News & RC! Editors and Lee Ann Droud (our Publications Director).  I emphasized the possibly added in the points of view of  the park & manufacturer (although that may be asking for quite a lot).  -- David L.

9/12/2012 at 3:26:11 PM GMT

I'm not sure I understand this request. Most of our articles cover this already. The Wooden Warrior article in RC120 covers everything from conception all the way through to the final product. Tim Baldwin's article on B&M introducing a new genre of coaster, the first wing coaster, is also covered in that same issue.

Isn't this what you are looking for?

Jeffrey Seifert

Managing Editor, RollerCoaster!