Community Search
Calendar

7/1/2017
Hersheypark event

General questions about ACE
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Coaster and Park Evaluation/Rating? 1 G. Oliver ACE as an organization has a policy against rating parks and rides as part of our mission is to support all members of the amusement industry as equally and fairly as possible. However, individual ACE members can have their own personal lists. Nevertheless, the Amusement Today Golden Tickets Awards are already recognized by the amusement industry as the "Academy Awards of the amusement industry" and many of their expert panel of voters are some of the most traveled ACE members.
by D. Lipnicky
Saturday, July 16, 2016
Kings Island discount 1 J. Nickey The discount offered to ACE members from Kings Island is only available when purchased online through the park's website. As noted on our Membership Discounts page (http://my.aceonline.org/?page=MemberBenefitsMO):Kings Island (Mason, OH) - NEW for 2016!Kings Island is offering members and their family and friends discounted ticket prices on Good-Any-Day Tickets. The park is offering tickets at $37.00 per Adult, $33.00 per Jr/Sr and $63.00 per Two Day. ACE members may access the discount program by going to www.visitkingsisland.com and enter the promo code ***** in the box in the upper right hand corner.As with all of the discounts offered to ACE members, the specific online discount codes are only displayed after logging in to our member services site (http://my.aceonline.org). While some parks will grant discounts at the gate when presenting your ACE membership card, others prefer to handle it all online.Hope this helps,Scott ShortMember Services Director
by S. Short
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Organization / Volunteer Opportunities 0 T. Melvin This may be a shot in the dark, but could anyone elaborate on how to truly get involved in ACE?  Rather than attending an event here and there, I would love opportunities to really get involved with the organization - whether it be committees, with regional reps, whatever it may be.  Is there a representative or someone in the organization I should contact to get more involved?   
by T. Melvin
Monday, June 13, 2016
Greetings, and where would I post a link? 1 K. Blumenfeld You can post that to your myACE.org wall page, and you can do a post to the ACE Facebook site.--David Lipnicky (ACE Vice President / ACE Facebook Co-administrator)
by D. Lipnicky
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
ACE business cards 4 K. Wintemute Yes, that would be the plan. It may not be the June issue since that will be mailed in late May/early June and will have the candidate platforms in them for the election as well. But they should make it as an insert by the August ACE News issue at the latest. (ACE cannot have inserts in RC! due to its restrictions.)
by J. Willard
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Website Suggestion/Request 4 J. Hammond Quote:Originally posted by P. Murphy:I'd like to see a sub-forum for vacation planning. I was hoping to ask for advice for my summer trip to Cedar Point (first time going there) but I'm not sure of where it would be appropriate to post.Thanks!Patrick:  I have created a new forum in the "General questions about ACE" section that is now labeled "Trip & Vacation Planning."Feel free to post your questions or requests for advice or suggestions there.Hope that helps.  Thanks for the great suggestion.  We always want to try to do things that encourage more people to use the forums.
by J. Willard
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Quick Question 5 P. Macias Paul, Welcome to ACE! The approval process usually takes 1-2 business days. As Robert mentioned, it looks like your account and sub-accounts have already been approved and are currently listed as active accounts in the database. Please feel free to contact me at bpeters@ACEonline.org if you have any questions about your membership. Brian PetersACE Membership Information Services Director  
by B. Peters
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
New to ACE but not to Coasters 4 B. Friedrich David,Welcome to ACE!  We do have a lot of great people in the club!-- David Lipnicky (ACE Public Relations Director)
by D. Lipnicky
Saturday, June 8, 2013
hi there... 7 J. Gracia Wolf,Individual ACE members created the topics/threads (not the site administrators) in this case.  While there might be benefits for having only one "New member/Hello" sub-section where all can post under one title, I do not have a problem with how our members are currently using the site.  On the other hand, I have no problem if some (or many) have a different opinion.Thanks for contributing to the initial growth and development of our little on-line member services tool!--Dave
by D. Lipnicky
Monday, June 3, 2013
I am new 4 S. Sheronovich Hey Sam, I will agree with you about Maverick...by far, one of my favorite steel coasters I've ever ridden! :)
by M. Carter
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Hello! New guy here. 2 A. Hinkle Welcome to ACE Andy! I hope to see you at an ACE event soon!Paul Blick, ACE Events Director
by P. Blick
Friday, April 12, 2013
What's your story? 1 M. Carter Matthew - This is a great question.  And I am so glad you love being in ACE.  I have loved my 20 years in this outstanding organization!While I always loved kiddie coasters, I was petrified of bigger coasters until I was a teen.  On a family vacation to see my grandparents in Pittsburgh and visit Kennywood, my mom pointed out the Racer was just about 10 feet taller than the (Little) Dipper and she would ride with me.  After a while and conflicted thoughts, I said OK, and we rode for two full hours!  Then she said the Jack Rabbit was just about 10 feet taller than the Racer.  I said I could ride that one by myself, so she went on to try to find a family member to ride the Thunderbolt (which was just deemed best coaster in the world by the New York Times).  I spent the next 4 hours bouncing between Jack Rabbit & Racer.  When we were leaving (early - because my dad hated/hates amusement parks), I was jabbering about Jack Rabbit & Racer and my mom said, "It's too bad you didn't decide to ride Thunderbolt."  Before I could open catch my breath, my dad said, "No, we are going home."  However, my grandfather (who got my mom riding coasters when she was 6, and who never contradicted my mom or dad) said, "Gene, let Davey ride."  Before my dad could say a word, my mom was pulling me by the arm (almost running) to get to the Thunderbolt.  After our 1 ride, I was floating 2 feet off the ground all the way back to the car.The following day was the start of our 1,200-mile/2-day drive back home to Texas, and I talked a million miles per hour about Thunderbolt, Jack Rabbit, & Racer the entire ride home.  Most will say, I never stopped talking about coasters.Thanks for the cool question (I hope others chime in)!-- David Lipnicky (ACE Public Relations Director)
by D. Lipnicky
Monday, February 11, 2013
Coaster Con T-Shirts 7 K. Wintemute K. Wintemute said:I just checked this out on Coastercon.com: AWESOME!! This was exactly what I was talking about! Please thank Jeff and any others who made this happen. I'm glad you like it, and thanks for suggesting such a great idea — I hadn't thought about putting the logo/T-Shirt winners on the site. We always appreciate input from fellow members, so if anyone has other ideas for the RCReride and CoasterCon websites or RollerCoaster! magazine, please let us know.
by J. Seifert
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Interest in ACE trip to England? 2 J. Black I think we are definitely overdue for a tour of Great Britain. The last time ACE was there was during the ECO trip in 2002 — a decade ago.
by J. Seifert
Sunday, September 23, 2012