Community Search
Calendar

7/1/2017
Hersheypark event

Ideas for articles
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Riding in the "Hot Seat" 2 B. Dennis Brad,As most coasters are different, and personal preferences can vary widely between various people, there is no one right answer. While most who know me would say I am a definite front row rider (and I do prefer the front row on most coasters), there are many coasters I love where it is the back car and nothing else. Mamba at Worlds of Fun is one of my very favorite steel coasters, and one of my back car only examples. My favorite seat is 13L, followed closely by 13R (Mamba's trains have 15 rows). For me, I get the most delightful sensation of elongated suspended animation while plunging down the second hill in row 13. While I typically do not like helices all that much, the helix on Mamba is one I love, and I prefer 13L over 13R only because I do not want to slam into the rider sitting next to me when we hit that glorious helix.Thank you for the great topic!
by D. Lipnicky
Friday, March 7, 2014
Announced But Never Built 2 J. An It is an interesting idea but backing out on a coaster that was already announced is an extremely rare occurrence. In all the years I've been in ACE, I can only think of three: Hersheypark's Turbulence, SF New England's Dark Knight wild mouse and the Zierer coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I don't even know if the last one was ever announced, it just appeared in the parking lot and on the park map, but was never built. With just those three, and the fact that there are no pictures, there's not really enough material to put together an article. Thanks for the suggestion and if I am missing other coasters, please let me know. But as of now, I can't see this becoming an article.Jeffrey SeifertManaging Editor, RollerCoaster!
by J. Seifert
Monday, December 17, 2012
Evolution of a new ride 5 B. Mondry I'm not sure I understand this request. Most of our articles cover this already. The Wooden Warrior article in RC120 covers everything from conception all the way through to the final product. Tim Baldwin's article on B&M introducing a new genre of coaster, the first wing coaster, is also covered in that same issue. Isn't this what you are looking for? Jeffrey SeifertManaging Editor, RollerCoaster!
by J. Seifert
Wednesday, September 12, 2012